Home - VIS Vatican - Receive VIS - Contact us - Calendar

The Vatican Information Service is a news service, founded in the Holy See Press Office, that provides information about the Magisterium and the pastoral activities of the Holy Father and the Roman Curia...[]

Last 5 news

VISnews in Twitter Go to YouTube

Monday, February 8, 2016

Video message: "I wish to go to Mexico as a missionary of mercy and peace"


Vatican City, 8 February 2016 (VIS) – "Now that my trip to Mexico is about to begin, I am happy and I feel great joy. I always have a special remembrance for Mexicans in my prayers. I hold them in my hearts and now I will be able to visit them and set foot on that blessed land, so beloved to God and so close to the Virgin Mary", says Pope Francis in the video message broadcast yesterday in Mexico on the eve of his upcoming visit to the country from 12 to 18 February.

"You perhaps ask, what does the Pope wish for from this trip? The answer is immediate and simple", he continues. "I wish to go as a missionary of mercy and peace, to meet with you so we can confess together our faith in God and share a fundamental truth in our days: that God cares for us, that He loves us with an infinite love, far beyond what we deserve. I wish to be as close to you as possible, but in a special way to all those who suffer, to embrace them and to tell them that Jesus loves them very much and that He is always by their side".

"I am glad that you are preparing for the trip with prayer. Prayer enlarges our hearts and prepares us to receive God's gifts. Prayer illuminates our eyes so we are able to see our neighbours as God sees them, to love like God loves. Thank you so much for praying for me, as I am in need of your prayers".

"May I confide to you another of my greatest wishes?", he continues. "To visit the house of Our Lady. Like a child, I wish to come to my mother and to place at her feet all that I carry in my heart. It is good to be able to visit the maternal home and to be able to feel the tenderness of her gracious presence. To her I entrust my trip and all of you, my dear Mexican brothers. May Jesus bless you and may the Holy Virgin care for you".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © VIS - Vatican Information Service